For a new coach
Thinking about a coach accreditation?
With an increasing number of participants of all ages and abilities being drawn to the sport of Gymnastics, more coaches are required across all levels. As a coach you have a key role to play in helping participants develop through gymnastics. Coaches also have a major influence over participants' enjoyment of gymnastics.
It is essential that coaches provide participants with the best possible gymnastics experience. Ensuring that you implement sound coaching practices and ethics is vital to the continued development of gymnastics and sport in general.
Undertaking education and training as a coach is an important first step to ensure that you are on the right track in your coaching. The Gymnastics Australia Coach Education Framework provides training for coaches at a variety of levels across a range of Gymsports.
How do I get started?
The Beginner Coach Accreditation is the place for you to start. It is made up of 2 components; an online course and a face to face course. You will start with the online course.
You can find out more information about the accreditation under Accreditation by Level on the website.
Step 1: Create an online account
Create an account to access Gymnastics Australia’s Learning Management System (LMS) via the New LMS User Sign Up Form.
To ensure you have been signed up correctly as a new user, please:
- Complete all details in the Step 1 page of the LMS Sign Up form and then click on the Save button.
- You will be taken to the Sign In Page.
- Your nominated email address will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Gymnastics Online Login Details'
- Please use the username and password as per the email in the Sign In page and then click on the Sign In Button
- You will be taken to Step 2 of the LMS Sign Up form. Please complete all required details and then click on the Finish button
- You will then be taken to a confirmation screen. Please ensure you click on the 'Click Here to access the LMS system link' to have a new LMS profile created and to be taken to the LMS system.
- For further information, please visit this information page.
Step 2: Register for the Beginner Coaching Accreditation Pathway
Go to ‘Find Courses’.
Select the Accreditation Pathway Beginner Coaching Accreditation Pathway
Click Enroll, Enroll now and select the State / Territory in which you would like to complete the Face to Face Course.
For a step-by-step guide, see the Accreditation Pathways page or download the guide below.