Coaching a Salto in the gym – the grace period is over
Relevant to: ALL coaches Intermediate level and above plus club administrators and managers. This article is a reminder to all on the rules regarding the coaching of a salto in the gym which is effective 1st February 2016 and explains what to do to gain an Advanced Coach Accreditation or complete Advanced Module 1.
Coaching a Salto in the gym
An Intermediate Coach who was transitioned into the Coach Education Framework was provided with a grace period to continue to coach a salto in the gym while completing training for an Advanced Coach Accreditation or the Advanced Module 1. This grace period ends on the 1st February 2016.
What should I do if I have not gained the Advanced Module 1 or Advanced Coach Accreditation?
ONLY COACH A SALTO UNDER SUPERVISION AND START TRAINING IMMEDIATELY.
If you were previously a Level 1 Coach, have been transitioned to an Intermediate Coach and have been coaching a salto in the gym unsupervised, you need to begin your training now.
You need to do complete the following BEFORE you can enrol in the face-to-face course:
• Enrol and complete the Advanced Online Coaching Principles Course
• Complete multiple choice questions in the course
• Complete the following assessment tasks and upload in the LMS
• Physical preparation project (Assessment task 5.1)
• Annual and seasonal plan (Assessment task 7.1)
How do I enrol in the course?
Open the link and follow the steps in the document – register for a course or alternatively go to the GA website to the How to register for a course document and follow the steps in the document: Home » Get Involved » Coaches » Accreditation by levels » Advanced Coach Accreditation » How to register for a course.
How long will it take to complete Advanced Module 1?
This will depend on how much knowledge you already have and when there is a course available in your State/Territory. It can take up to 3 months to complete. The physical preparation project spans 4 weeks.
Where can I go for support?
View the Advanced Coach Course webinar.
Some of the topics in the webinar include:
• Assessment tasks in the online and face to face courses
• How to submit completed assessment tasks
• Structure of the face to face courses
• An explanation of the Advanced Coach ‘Extended training pathway’
Alternatively you can contact Gymnastics Australia or the State/Territory Association.