In 2011 the GNSW Board made the long term goal to ensure that gymnastics education and training can be accessible to all within a 3hour radius. In order to achieve ‘accessible education’, a review of the education delivery mechanisms was conducted and the concept of ‘Education Hubs’ was born. It is envisaged that a minimum of one hub per region will be identified and developed.
GNSW will work in partnership with each hub and regional committee to develop an Education program that is specific for the individual needs for the clubs in the region, for example specific squad training and professional development for coaches, Regional Leadership Academies, along with GA courses and workshops.
Benefits of the Education Hub Program:
- ‘Accessible education’ – reduced travelling to courses providing more opportunities for clubs to train their workforce
- Fit for purpose venues
- More presenters trained and available to present a wider variety of GymSports and generic workshops
- Consistent, planned and needs led education programs in the regions
- Reduction in course running costs, for example accommodation and travel expenses
- Provide access to funding that will promote participation in local areas
The benefits identified above also compliment and support the objectives of the GNSW ‘Going Green’ initiative and sustainability policy.