2019 State Development Squad
The aim of the GNSW MAG State Development Squad is to grow the grass roots of our MAG through a Program that fosters sport development.
To be eligible for the State Development Program for consideration by the MAG GC an athlete must:
- Be registered with GNSW.
- Gymnasts age range between 8 – 12 years (born between 2007 and 2011).
- Gymnast registered by their MAG Club before the closing date for the SDT day.
State Development Squad Testing Day
The SDT aims to identify gymnasts with the most potential for long-term, high performance within the sport.
Unlike competition which is restricted to a routine and spread across six specific apparatus with their own unique demands, the SDT assesses an individual’s natural physical abilities and their current general gymnastics skill as a projection of their future abilities and potential within the sport.
The SDT day is an 'Open doors' day for all MAG gymnasts who satisfy the eligibility requirements. The SDT will allow you to know what your physical condition is with respect to other MAG gymnasts of NSW.
The SDT is an opportunity for gymnasts of varying physical ability with the option to scale the difficulty of the stations to suit their level.
Please contact with your Club to register for the SDT day.
1. Registration of the Gymnast (made by the MAG Clubs)
2. Squad Development Testing
3. Selection Gymsport Committee (after the Testing day)
4. Letter of Acceptance sent to clubs
5. Registration Opens
6. Squad Development Program (5 venues)