Affiliation with Gymnastics NSW
Any community club, business, school association or organisation which conducts or is associated with Gymnastics as part or all of its business is encouraged to affiliate with Gymnastics NSW.
Thinking about starting a Gymnastics Club? Contact the GNSW Club Development Coordinator at [email protected]
for important information about our state requirements and support for your new venture .
After initial contact has been made, information about starting a gymnastics club may be sent to you. After the completion and acceptance of all paperwork and payments, the club will then become an affiliate member of Gymnastics NSW (GNSW) and must abide by all rules and regulations outlined in the affiliation requirements section.
All previously affiliated clubs must renew their affiliation at the beginning of each year with Gymnastics NSW. Club Affiliation renewals are completed online via Gymnastics Online (GOL). Application Forms need to be received by the Gymnastics NSW office with payment, completed in full, and with the signed agreement to abide by the rules and statutes of Gymnastics NSW.
Being an affiliate member of Gymnastics NSW, we are able to provide you and your club with a variety of services and benefits across a wide range of areas.
- Public Liability Insurance including Directors cover for clubs and Professional Indemnity Insurance for coaches and officials.
- Personal Accident cover for members & voluntary workers.
- Affiliation with National and State body.
- Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) and Phonographic Performance Company of Australia (PPCA) licences. These licences allow you to play and use recorded music at your club.
- Voting rights and attendance at Gymnastics NSW Annual General Meeting.
- Gymnastics Australia’s (GA)online data base to register and record participants
- HR advice and support through HR Plus
- Business Development Services
- Dedicated Club Development Officer for your club to provide personalised service and support
- Access to gymnastics specific Club Development Resources including fact sheets and templates
- Access to Inclusion education, resources and support
- Advice and assistance with issues relating to insurance, incorporation, developing facilities, sponsorship, liaison with authorities, securing coaching staff, etc.
- Letters of Support and assistance for accessing funding
- Opportunity to be involved in and benefit from Gymnastics NSW and Government funded projects
- Access to Gymnastics NSW Business Portal
- Eligibility to participate in State Championships and Regional Events
- Eligibility to host event
- Professional development and volunteer opportunities at state and national event
- Club Promotion through GNSW and GA websites
‘Club Search’ Function on both websites
- Use of Gymnastics NSW logos
- Advertising in publications
- Marketing and promotion materials
- Links with Australian Institute of Sport (AIS), New South Wales Institute of Sport (NSWIS) and Gymnastics Australia (GA).
- Links with Government and other funding bodies such as Sport NSW and Department of Sport and Recreation