COVID – 19 Update
Gymnastics NSW Statement – 17 March 2020
The team at Gymnastics NSW hold the safety and wellbeing of our athletes at the highest priority.
Following recent government announcements, and in consultation with Gymnastics Australia, we have made the decision to cancel or postpone our events and education courses between now and July 1, 2020.
This decision has not been made lightly, however has been made in the best interests of all of our members based upon government advice and feedback we have received from members. It is regrettable that this will impact upon our hard-working clubs, athletes and coaches. Your understanding during this difficult time is appreciated.
Events and Competitions
Clubs will receive a full refund for all entered athletes in the upcoming Senior State events.
In the event that we are unable to reschedule a date for postponed squads, members will receive a refund for the portion of the squad that was cancelled.
Gymnastics NSW Events cancelled effective March 17, 2020.
- Senior State Championships
- Aerobic and Rhythmic Gymnastics
Senior State Championships
- Acrobatic, Men’s Artistic, Trampoline and Women’s Artistic Gymnastics
All State Team training
- Women’s Artistic Gymnastics Level 7 Border Challenge trial
- FreeG Grand Prix 1
- Men’s Artistic Gymnastics Grand Prix 1
- GNSW Senior Performance team Ollerup Tour
Gymnastics NSW Events Postponed effective March 17, 2020.
- Rhythmic Gymnastics Multiples State Championships
- Aerobic Gymnastics Junior State Championship Trial
- All Men’s Artistic State Squads (Senior, Development and Team Future)
- Women's Artistic Gymnastics Team Future Trials
- Building for Tomorrow GFA Clinic
- Aerobic Gymnastics Junior State Championship
Aerobic level 2-5 Workshop 1
Effective March 17, 2020, all Regional education and competitions are postponed.
Gymnastics NSW will work with Regional Committees to arrange future events and education.
Coach and Judge Education
Effective March 17, 2020, all coach and judge education is cancelled.
The education team will be in contact with current enrolled participants to discuss their options.
The staff at Gymnastics NSW are here to answer any questions you may have and will continue to update you on changes as they occur.