Gymnastics For All
Gymnastics for All
GYMNASTICS FOR ALL (GFA)
Are you looking for an action filled sport that offers fun, fitness, friendship and the opportunity to challenge your mind and body?
Gymnastics For All (formally General Gymnastics) is a sport for everyBODY, regardless of age, gender or ability. It is the perfect activity to prepare children for long-term participation in sport and develops vital life skills.
Gymnastics For All (GFA):
- Is lots of fun
- Develops balance, co-ordination and confident body movement
- Builds self-esteem, strength and flexibility, preparing the body & mind for life's challenges
- Provides heaps of variety.....so there is something for everyone
- Is a sport for life
- Is conducted within a safe environment which caters for personal growth and development
- Develops healthy minds and bodies for now and later life
Gymnastics For All is the basis of all Gymsports and a GymSport in its own right. Clubs can utilise Recreational Gymnastics as a starting point for teaching
Gymnastics For All (GFA) has been categorised by the International Federation of Gymnastics (FIG) into the following areas:
- Gymnastics on and with traditional, innovative or creative apparatus
- Playful apparatus gymnastics Floor exercies and gymnastics
- Gymnastics with and without hand apparatus
- Rhythmic gymnastics Jazz gymnastics and jazz dance
Modern dance Aerobic gymnastics Activities which contribute to the health and wellbeing of participants Kindergym and Cheerleading fall into the above categories and therefore come under the GymnasticsFor All Banner.
Click here to visit the GYMNASTICS FOR ALL website