Gymnastics New South Wales
In 2011 the GNSW Board made the long term goal to ensure that gymnastics education and training can be accessible to all within a 3hour radius. In order to achieve ‘accessible education’, a review of the education delivery mechanisms was conducted and the concept of ‘Education Hubs’ was born.
Education Hubs are targeted facilities that will support the localisation of education services and updating activities, also to be known as ‘Centres of excellence for Education’. Gymnastics NSW will work with the hubs to identify and train presenters to enable localised delivery and the co-ordination of annual education hub calendars, enabling participants to access education courses without travelling across the state. Grant funds will be made available to the regions to apply for development initiatives in conjunction with their education hubs. It is envisaged that a minimum of one hub per region will be identified and in the stages of development by the end of 2012.
The benefits to the development of education hubs will be:
- ‘Accessible education’ – reduced travelling to courses providing more opportunities for clubs to train their workforce
- Fit for purpose venues
- Courses not restricted by minimum participant numbers due to a reduction in presenter travel and venue hire costs
- More presenters trained and available to present a wider variety of GymSports and generic workshops
- Consistent, planned and needs led education programs in the regions
- Reduction in course running costs, for example accommodation and travel expenses