Gymnastics New South Wales
Harassment Free Sport
The Harassment Free Training has been developed as a gymnastic specific training from the Australian Sport Commission ‘Harassment Free’ training course.
The workshop will focus upon the following areas:
· Discrimination, Harassment, child protection & Abuse in Sport
· Harassment Free Sport & Member Protection
· Rights and Obligations
· Adopting a Preventive Approach
· Resolving Complaints
· Next Steps
The workshop will enable staff to:
· Feel focused & reflect on their knowledge, interest and commitment to the concept of harassment free sport.
· Understand how discrimination, harassment and abuse can happen in sport and their impact on individuals, teams and organizations.
· Understand how the harassment-free sport strategy and member protection are part of a consistent approach to prevent and manage discrimination, harassment and abuse in sport.
· Define discrimination, harassment and child abuse and identify the relevant legislation that applies to sport.
· Understand the legal and moral rights and obligations of individuals and organizations.
· Identify the relevant policies, procedures and practices that should be in place in their sporting organizations to reflect the law and ensure their activities are free of discrimination, harassment and abuse.
· Understand the complaint resolution process and the options available to individuals to resolve complaints.
· Identify what they are their sports organizations need to do next as a result of this workshop.
· Identify what organizations and resources are available to support individuals and their sporting organizations.