2012 NSW Sports Safety Awards
$20,000 to be won in the NSW Sports Safey Awards
More than $20,000 in sports equipment vouchers will be up for grabs in the 15th annual awards that recognise sporting organisations and clubs within NSW for outstanding achievements in the prevention of sports related injuries and the adoption of safe sport practices.
Awards are offered at a state, region or club level across two categories:
• Education and Promotion of Safe Sport Practices
• Implementation and Adoption of Safe Sport Practices
Previous winners included:
· the Pony Club of NSW for the implementation of comprehensive gear and equipment check procedures for evaluating riders and horses prior to training and competition
· Basketball NSW for implementing improvements to injury reporting systems and an awareness campaign for the safe management of head injuries
· Valentine Eleebana Cricket Club for designing a swing gate to increase the protection area around cricket nets
Submit an entry today and earn recognition for initiatives undertaken by your sporting organisation or club that have reduced the risk or impact of injuries.
Award nominations close on Monday 3 September 2012with winners to be announced at a celebratory luncheon on Friday 16 November 2012 at the Waterview Convention Centre, Bicentennial Park, Homebush.
The NSW Sports Safety Awards provide an opportunity for you to highlight the latest safety programs and activities adopted across your sporting fraternity. You deserve to be recognised for your efforts in tackling injuries so nominate now!